Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm not weird, I'm quirky

I count when I pee.

You read me.

I've done this ever since I was little, and I still do it.

I don't know why I started and I couldn't tell you why I haven't stopped but it never fails that when the cheeks hit the seat, the inner clock starts ticking.

Wait. I take that back. I do know why I started counting my pee.

For some reason, it was always fascinating to me that when I held it for a while, I could go for record breaking times.

And, like any good nutbar, I would tell anyone who would listen of my latest high.

And I got cocky about that shit, too.

I remember being in the car with my parents and feeling as though the Coke I had hours before was filling my kidneys and backing up into my eyeballs, but being so excited because I thought I could go for more than sixty seconds once my ass met porcelain.

When we got home, I ran inside and started the timer.

When I came out, I looked at my parents and my boyfriend at the time and announced with a great deal of pride, "One minute and seventeen seconds."

I was probably 18 years old.

18 and awesome.

This came to mind because last night, I woke up with a fierce need for the loo.

Half asleep, one eye open and my pajama pants on sideways (don't ask me how I do this, but it happens every night), I peed for 29 seconds.

I remember waking up this morning and thinking to myself, "I peed for 29 seconds last night."

Who does that?

I do that.

So, the next time you take pause to let nature do her thing, think of me.

Then count your pee.

Then laugh.

Then explain to your partner/co-worker/roommate/gynecologist what it was about the toilet that made you giggle.

It'll be a fun conversation, I promise.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL hilarious!! I have never counted or timed my visits but I thought man this is the longest pee ever! :)

You're right though it is making me giggle, hehehe!

Shell said...

I love you for admitting your craziness. :)

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

I have never counted mine, but I have counted the man, cause sometimes it is like he is going for a long distance goal,.. and btw I am not sittin' in there watching, I can hear from the other bathroom, crappy walls,... but yeah that might be a fun conv starter!

Have a great weekend!

Yankee Girl said...

That is so funny. I will DEFINITELY be thinking of you next time I pee.

Sometimes I count when my dog pees just to see how long he is going. He seems to pee forever at times so I need to verify how long "forever" actually is.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

LOL, oh man hot coffee out the nose is not pleasant, you crack me up! Stopping by from SITS, happy Saturday Sharefest :)

Liz Mays said...

You are the best, the serious best!!!

Sarah Beth said...

LOL. I've never counted either, but I had a friend who did. You're not alone!

marlynn said...

LOL! That's awesome.

Mrs. B said...

i planned on just "stopping by" from Mox's blog, but then i pretty much fell in love. and now i'm following. oh and i'm also pretty excited to count my pee next time.

Tracie said...

Gee thanks. I needed another weird habit like Tiger needs another lap dance.

Anonymous said...

Thank for the laugh!!! I used to do that when I was a kid for some odd reason, but no longer. So, thanks for reminding me....will probably start the next time I go. HAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Lisa said...

That is awesome indeed. I used to count how long it took me to enter the bathroom, pee, wash my hands, and leave the bathroom. I developed this over years of babysitting kids I didn't trust to leave alone for more than 60 seconds.

Personal best for total time in the bathroom? 52 seconds.

Sarah said...

Oh my GAWD. You just added another quirk to my tally. Trust me, there is not much room left on the board so congratulations are in order. I am SO going to try and beat your record.