Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This one's for the ladies

Sometimes by the end of the day, I'll feel like a giant barf bag.

Today just happens to be one of those days.

My first instinct is to go over what I ate during the course of the day. This involves having a little chat with myself, and it goes a little something like this:

Good grief, Grilled Cheese, what did you eat today?

It wasn't that much, calm down.

You can't be serious. It feels awful in here.

Back off. I ate super healthy today.

Really? Okay, list it off.

Fine. Today, I had a banana, applesauce, oatmeal, two grilled cheese sandwiches, yogurt, a giant salad, a pop-tart, a chocolate peanut butter milkshake, finished a bag of Alexia aged cheddar waffle fries crunchy snacks, half a bag of tomato, romano and olive oil Soy Crisps and more applesauce. Oh. That's a little more than I thought.

What do you have to say for yourself?

PMS?

Touche.


**This post was inspired by a lovely poem by Bethany.

15 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

OMG GC, You got me rollin',.... Mummmmmm pop tart,....

Lisa said...

I feel your pain... Last night at work I ate a bag of circus peanut candy. I'm not even sure those are made out of actual food.

Sarah Beth said...

I have a feeling we're going to be great friends. :) I have had very similar convos with myself SO many times! And yes, it always comes down to PMS - defined loosely as Pre-, Present, or Post-.

Katherine said...

Touche indeed! Hopefully next time yourself will think twice before they question yourself.

Ms. Diva said...

You sound like my kind of eater!!! Love grilled cheese!!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Oh I hear you. I ate 1/2 of a large Pizza Slut pizza last night and then decided our bedroom mirror was really one of those "trick" clown house mirrors. Ha ha!

Wisconsin Parent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yankee Girl said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one who eats this way!

Cut out the pop-tart and I would still consider it to be healty eating!

Shell said...

Nothing counts when it's pms-related eating.

Anonymous said...

LMAO. Seriously hilarious. I do that every night though because I don't want to gain any weight back since breastfeeding is slowing down. I'm always like: let's go pump the boobs and burn some extra calories because I just ate some Smartfood popcorn & drank a coke.

Visiting from SITS>

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh I would love that day of food but my tummy would revolt. But I sure would have a great time eating :)

Saw you on Shell's thought I'd stop by and say hi :)

Liz Mays said...

It's all forgiven when related to PMS!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

PMS or not, I end every day with a Zantac. If I really feel like a "giant barf bag" I go TUMS and Zantac. I'm not sure how you can be mad at yourself when your list included "giant salad". That means you earned all of the other stuff!

Small Burst said...

LOL. Don't we all have days like this?

Sarah said...

LOVE it. PMS. Touche. Are you...me?